Tuesday, May 8, 2001

2001-05-08 - 12:33 p.m.

My wings long to unfurl

My heart longs to be free

My body aches to fly again into the unknown

To search out a land of a different sort

A land where music lives and breathes

Where my heart and soul can run free and naked in their natural beauty

Where they must not fear hurt

Where their armor can be laid down

And their full glory can be seen.

Its a land that doesn't exist here

no one knows of it

no one can follow me

I can fly there on wings of gossamer and gold

Flittering over tree tops and mountains and lakes and streams

Far past all that is of this world I can fly

to a place so sacred...i long to go

Let me fly there...let me uncurl my wings and stretch them

Let me shake off the years of confinement and slumber and soar in the skies

Let me bathe in freedom

Let me taste the honey of satisfaction

Let me feel the warm cool blanket of absolute serenity

Let me go

I was never born of this world

I was never meant to be housed in its cruel walls

Its chains and shackles were not designed for me

Its harsh terrifying ways have done much harm

my wings...my wings

they were once so beautiful and full and strong

they are fragile now

The rough hands of man and world have torn and tattered their shimmering beauty

I remember the glory that once was me

and everything in me longs to return to that

but I cannot find the key

No comments: