Wednesday, June 25, 2008

How Badly Do Your Feet Itch?

I grinned into the phone, she felt so good and so comfortable, i had forgotten, silly - to have forgotten such a thing. She made a high pitched eeking sound - her usual excited emission - and i launched into giggles again, and she asked when I'd be arriving, the 4th I said...and another series of excited utterances tumbled forth.

God it felt good...and my feet do itch. I forgot just how well she knows me. She asked how long i had had the apartment packed up and empty, about a month i replied, in near hysterics. "Wow that's about the longest goodbye you've mustered yet, must be killing you." Oh god, i replied, there's not a thing left i can pack at this moment! She launched into a series of of topics about how the baby won't stop asking about me at the oddest moments and the summer line at the shop, and then she asked....can i come?

Huh? Well, on the 4th? LOL You have 7 children and you want to drive to Maine for the 4th of July, are you nuts? God I love you!! Can you do my hair too? And of course her answer was yes, she'd bring everything and the wax and she'd fix everything...and i just wanted to jump through the phone with my itchy feet and kiss her. She knows that the lake house will be a swamp of people, she knows my mother won't hardly let me out of her sight for a week, but god love her she'll come anyway with bags packed with color and scissors and wax and all the fun stuff and toting the littlest one on her hip....and after all this time...we'll be back together again...and i adore that she can't even wait until i'm off the plane a day.

I called my mom and asked if i could bring a friend or two home with me on the 4th....she laughed and said the house was pretty full, there was only my bedroom left to book - i said i'd take the couch. I guess I've got quite a welcome home party planned...who knew....

I think my heart is about to explode right now I feel so loved.

Aww look she's all mushy and gushy and stuff - isn't that cute!

No comments: